Roasted Red Pepper Coulis
2 large red peppers
1 small onion
2tsp minced garlic
1 chicken bullion cube
- Roast the red peppers on the burner of the stove. Once they are completely black loosely wrap them in saran wrap and put them in the fridge. This will allow them to sweat and make it easier for the charred skin to come off.
- Meanwhile, saute the onions and garlic in butter, until translucent.
- Dissolve the bullion cube in the water and then add to the onions and garlic a little at a time, Letting it reduce until there is about a half cup in the pan.
- Once you've added all the broth, pour it into a blender. Unwrap the peppers and peel off the blackened outside skin, cut the stem out and add to the blender and blend.
- Serve hot over pasta, meat, or whatever you like. you could also pour into a squeeze bottle to make a design on a plate.